4 jul 2010

Treasure Hunt


NEW YORK

Are you interested in learning new things about one of the most famous cities in the world? Would you like to know how is life in the city that never sleeps? and in a city full of skyscrapers?
Get ready, the adventure starts.

Answer the following questions looking up the information on the internet.


1. Look at the picture below. What is this place and why is it important?



2. Why is New York called the Big Apple?




3. What are the names of the five boroughs of New York? Name them in the picture.


4. Who gave the Statue of Liberty to New York as a present and when? What does the Statue symbolize for American people?





5. Which is New York's logo? Who created that logo? Which city museum can we find his work in?



6. Name at least five movies where the Empire State appears in. How tall is it? When was it built?

7. According to your opinion which are the twelve top New York landmarks?

8. Name the three most famous musicals you can see in Broadway. What was Lion King's opening night?


The big question:

9. Why is New York so special?







Web resourses:


Evaluation
To evaluate your job in this treasure hunt, I'm going to consider:

  • The answer to all the questions.
  • The vocabulary and expressions of the answers.
  • The group work.
  • Your interest in the activity.

You'll send me the answers and we'll share them in class.


10. Finally, I show you a Walking Tour by Central Park.


http://maps.google.es/maps/ms?hl=es&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=114472233041486374372.00048b3360b8fed2728c4&ll=40.782134,-73.968415&spn=0.008026,0.019205&z=16

7 comentarios:

  1. I think it's a great choice. Most of our students are interested in NY. Perhaps they even want to go there or at least they have seen several films related to the city.
    joan carles

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I loved your treasure hunt! I think, as well as Joan Carles, that students love NY.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I´ve liked it very much.
    I think it is great to include an image together with the question, it makes students sometimes associate words with photos.
    Best wishes
    Isabel Jiménez

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Love your treasure hunt about NYC! Like everyone else said, it's a city that everybody likes. We have seen it in so many movies, we have heard stories about it... it's new and known at the same time.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. I really love this city and I think teenagers too. I think it is a good idea to choose this for the treasure hunt.

    ResponderEliminar
  6. I like your treasure hunt about NYC. Children will enjoy it.
    Congratulations.

    ResponderEliminar
  7. Like the others, I also love your treasure hunt. It's fresh and interesting. I think it is suitable for students of ESO. If I teach secondary next course maybe I will use it. Thanks.

    ResponderEliminar